Moving Home with Simpsons Removals

If you are moving home in the UK or to another country, it is our job to help you. Our removal teams are all highly experienced and can advise you should you have any questions or concerns. There are many questions to be answered when it comes to moving home and relocating, some of which you may find below. Read through our Q and A for further information on our services and, if you still can’t find the answer you are looking for, call us on 01322 386969 or freephone 0800 515930.

About the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. Please use this information to decide if our services are right for you.

Whose products do we offer?

Simpsons Removals & Storage Ltd can only offer a product from a single insurer, Lloyd’s of London for goods in transit noninvestment insurance contracts.

What will you have to pay us for our services?

Detailed within your relocation quotation, will be charges applicable if you decide to opt for goods in transit insurance. We will charge you a fee for using our services, of the premium quoted in your relocation quotation, 43% relates to the premium and 57% will be our fee.

Who Regulates Us?

Simpsons Removals & Storage Ltd, Blue Hawk House, A1 Manor Way Business Park, Manor Way, Swanscombe, Kent, DA10 0PP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 314688.

Permitted Business:

Our permitted business is UK Removals, Storage, European and Overseas relocations for which we are permitted to sell goods in transit non-investment insurance contracts.

The above information can be checked on the FCA register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 9966.

What to do if you have a complaint about insurance?

If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:

Write to,
Claims & Complaints Department, Simpsons Removals & Storage Ltd.
Blue Hawk House, A1 Manor Way Business Park, Manor Way, Swanscombe, Kent
Kent, DA10 0PP

Telephone: 01322 386969

If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?

We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme, if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.

Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the first £2,000 and 90% of the remainder of the claim, without any upper limit.

For compulsory classes of insurance, insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the claim, without any upper limit. Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available for the FSCS.

NEW! You can now get an instant estimate online...Get A Quote