All data subjects whose data is processed by Simpsons.
Fair Processing Notice
The personal data we collect from you will only be used for the following purposes:
- To prepare a quotation for a removal or a removal related service from your home.
- To phone or email you to determine your precise service requirements, and,
- To follow up our quotation within a reasonable timeframe.
- If you move with Simpsons, to allow us to contact you after your move if we require additional information to allow us to fulfill the contract with you.
By consenting to this, you are giving us permission to perform those actions.
You may withdraw consent at any time by email or by completing the contact form on our website.
What is Personal Data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation:
Personal Data is defined as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Certain data are classified under the Regulation as ”special categories”:
- Ethnic origin
- Political Opinions
- Religious Beliefs
- Trade-union membership
- Genetic Data
- Biometric Data
- Health Data
- Data concerning a natural person’s sex life
- Sexual orientation
Consent is only required for Simpsons to process personal data (we do not collect special categories personal data), but it must be explicitly given.
Why do Simpsons need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. We may pass your personal data on to our service providers who are contracted to Simpsons in the course of dealing with you. Our contractors are obliged to keep your details securely, and use them only to fulfill the service they provide for you on our behalf. Once your service need has been satisfied or the case has been closed, they will dispose of the details in line with Simpsons data retention procedure.
How Simpsons uses your information
Simpsons will process – that means collect, store and use – the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary. In some instances the law sets the length of time information has to be kept, but in most cases Simpsons Removals will use its discretion to ensure that we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements.
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Using your personal data
We will use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- To enable us to contact you by phone or email.
- To determine whether Simpsons can provide the service you are looking for.
- To prepare a quotation for your household removal service, storage service, packing service or the provision of packing materials.
- To send the quotation to you by surface mail if this is your preferred option.
- If you accept the quotation provided we will contact you by phone and email to discuss specifics and to book the resources for your move.
- To enable us to provide you with insurance cover if this service is taken as an additional option.
- To enable us to deliver packing materials to your home via a third party courier.
- To send you the documentation required for the service being provided by mail or email.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
|The Analytics and Maps cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site and to personalise map data on our ‘find us’ page. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Overview of Google privacy|
|has_completed_quote||Controls whether the Free Quote banner has been dismissed.|
|cookiescriptaccept||Records whether you consent to cookies|
Many modern web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings, for example in Google Chrome you can disable ‘third party’ cookies (Settings > Under the Bonnet > Block third-party cookies and site data).
To find out more about website cookies, including how to view which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you can install a web browser add-in. Visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.